Learn all about progressive publishing
Take advantage of the exciting opportunity to become a Dollars & Sense intern!
Dollars & Sense explains the workings of the U.S. and international economies and provides left perspectives on current economic affairs. It is edited and produced by a collective of economists, journalists, and activists who are committed to social justice and economic democracy.
We are seeking interns in the following areas:9>
- Write articlesabout current economic affairs
- Edit and proofreadarticles
- Respond to requestsfor individual and small bulk orders of classroom books
- Assist businessmanager with subscription concerns
- Perform data entry, photocopying, mailing and other office tasks
- Solicit magazine advertising
- Design advertisements
- Work with developmentdirector to design promotional appeals
- Assist with donoracknowledgements
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events
Experience in Graphic Design and Web Development is a Plus.
Interns are encouraged to participate in meetings of the Dollars & Sense editorial collective. We welcome applications from students who are interested in any or all of the above areas of responsibility. We can design an internship that works for you. Dollars & Sense strongly encourages applications from people of color.
- Hours:10-30 hours per week (12-24 is typical)
- Schedule:To be set during regular office hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Minimum commitment: One semester (or summer)
Send cover letter, resumé and writing sample to: Dollars & Sense, One Milk Street, Boston, MA 02109, or (we strongly prefer applications submitted by email). For more information, call (617) 447-2177 or, preferably, .